The Jasper Civil Service will hold a work session on Thursday August 4, 2011 at 1:00 pm.
They will discuss the qualifications for Fire Lt. and Fire Capt.
Jasper City Council
Tuesday, August 2, 2011 - 10:00 A.M.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Consider approving minutes of the last regular meeting held July 19, 2011.
. Recognize Jack Baldwin concerning a request for use of the Courthouse Square for a prayer service on Sunday, September 11, 2011, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
4. Recognize Jessica Sanders, Chairman of the Downtown Merchants Association First Friday Event, concerning a request for funding ($2,000) for a public event downtown on Friday, August 5, 2011.
5. Consider a request to send bid invitations for Residential Garbage Carts and paving. (Tommy Knight, Purchasing Agent)
6. Consider a request to conduct Procurement Card pilot program at the Fire Department starting October 1, 2011. (Tommy Knight, Purchasing Agent)
7. Introduction of the new City web site. (Tommy Knight, Purchasing Agent)
8. Consider adoption of a Resolution to allow Mayor Posey to enter into an agreement with Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging. (Mayor Posey)
9. Consider adoption of a Resolution to allow Mayor Posey to enter into an agreement with the State of Alabama for removal and disposal of debris. (Mayor Posey)
10. Recognize Chief Connie Rowe.
11. Receive comments from Mayor.
12. Receive comments from Councilmembers.
13. Receive comments from audience. (No action will be taken)
The agenda for the next meeting will be published here on Friday, before the Tuesday meeting. If you would like to be placed on that agenda, or have other questions for the City, E-mail Us