The goal of the Building Inspections Department is to assure the protection of life, health, and welfare of the citizens of Jasper by enforcement of applicable ordinances. It assists the general public with all aspects of the building process, whether it is a renovation or new construction. Building Inspections also assist property owners and/or contractors with obtaining all necessary permits, licenses, and inspections.
The office is located directly behind Jasper City Hall at 1814 4th Avenue in City Hall Annex Building and is open from 7:00 am until 4:00 pm, local time, Monday through Friday.
- Issue permits for building, including plumbing, HVAC, and electrical work (new construction/or renovation)
- Inspects work performed to determine compliance with applicable codes
- Reviews building plans for compliance with applicable codes
- Nuisance Abatement (unsafe structures)
- Numerous other duties and activities, as directed
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Fuel/Gas Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- 2015 International Fire Protection Association Code
- 2009 ICC/ANSI Code
Inspections should be scheduled as far in advance as possible by calling 205-221-8529.