The Planning and Zoning Department works to create land use plans and programs that assure new development, population growth, and the revitilzation of existing facilities in Jasper that are in line with the city's 20-year comprehensive plan. Planning and Zoning projects include new construction, land development, infrastructure, utility work, and economic development. City code enforcement is also a function of this department as it relates to property issues and zoning.
The City Planner's office hours are from 7:00 am until 4:00 pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Our office is located at 1814 4th Avenue directly behind Jasper City Hall in the Annex Building.
- Provide staff assistance to the Mayor, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Administer the City Zoning Ordinance/Subdivision Regulations
- Provide information concerning zoning and land development (residential and commercial)
- Process land use applications (rezoning, conditional uses, variances, and special exceptions)
- Enforce the Sign Ordinance
- Nuisance Abatement (grass/weeds, unsafe structures, inoperative vehicles)