Planning ensures the orderly growth and development of our city to improve the quality of life for all residents. The City Planner is the contact for all zoning matters, site plan reviews, subdivision development, and so forth.
The City Planner's office hours are from 7:00 am until 4:00 pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Our office is located at 1814 4th Avenue directly behind Jasper City Hall in the Annex Building.
- Provide staff assistance to the Mayor, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Administer the City Zoning Ordinance/Subdivision Regulations
- Provide information concerning zoning and land development (residential and commercial)
- Process land use applications (rezoning, conditional uses, variances, and special exceptions)
- Enforce the Sign Ordinance
- Nuisance Abatement (grass/weeds, inoperative vehicles)