The City of Jasper, Alabama is seeking bids for a Residential Loader Truck. This specification describes a 2006 Peterbilt refuse collection body or equivalent equipped with a mechanical lifting device capable of handling up 300-gallon refuse containers meeting the following minimum specifications. The body shall be capable of compacting and transporting refuse to a landfill or transfer station and dispensing the body load by means of hydraulically ejecting the load from the body. The unit offered must be new with all-standard equipment and accessories not specifically mentioned herein, but necessary to furnish a complete unit ready for use shall be also included.
The City reserves the right to waive minor variances from the specifications, provided these differences do not violate the specification intent, materially affects the operation for which the item or items are being purchased, nor increase the estimated maintenance and repair cost to the City. Please bid the trucks delivered to: City of Jasper Sanitation Department, 1311 West Gamble Drive, Jasper, AL 35501
Sealed bids will be received by the City of Jasper, Alabama, at the Purchasing Agent’s office in Jasper, Alabama, no later than 11:00 AM local time on July 1, 2022, and then opened as soon thereafter as practicable.
Any questions please contact: Jessica Cook, Purchasing Agent/Accountant, E-mail: PurchasingAgent@jaspercity.com, 205-221-2100
2022 Paving Project - Bid opening is Tuesday, Jun 28, 2022, at 11:00 AM local time at Jasper City Hall
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE BID AWARD PROCESS
RECEIPT AND OPENING OF BIDS
- Bids will be received at the office of The City Clerk, for the City of Jasper, Alabama, 400 West 19th Street Jasper, AL 35501, on or before the Submittal Deadline given in the bid advertisement, and then, at said address in the Community Room, shall be publicly opened and read aloud.
- The City may consider informal any bid not prepared and submitted in accordance with the provisions hereof or may waive any informalities in such submittal.
- Any bid may be withdrawn prior to the scheduled time for the opening of bids or authorized postponement thereof. However, no Bidder may withdraw a bid within ninety (90) days after the actual date of the opening thereof without forfeiture of Bid security or Bid Bond.
- Any bid received after the time and date specified shall not be opened nor considered to be eligible for award.
INQUIRIES ABOUT THESE BID SPECIFICATIONS OR THE BID PROCESS
- Technical questions about the items specified within this Invitation to Bid must be submitted no later than seventy-two (72) hours prior to the Bid Opening date.
- All inquiries regarding this bid should be directed to:
Matt Stoops, PE
Stefan Graeber, PE